How to import MD PhosphorImager images?

Andy Law Big Nose Andy.Law at
Tue Jul 4 04:37:37 EST 1995

In article <buckhaults-0207951309140001 at>,
buckhaults at (phillip buckhaults) wrote:

  > In article <3t8tr5$8qc at>, jkortes at (Jarkko
  > Kortesmaa) wrote:
  > > Dear netters,
  > >
  > > Is is possible to export images from the ImageQuaNT program of Molecular
  > > Dynamics PhosphorImager?
  > >
  > > I would like to paste the images into a WinWord document.
  > >
  > > --
  > >   >
  > The Molecular Dynamics Software has a "Convert" option (under the file
  > menu, i think) which converts the file from 16 bit to 8 bit data.  The
  > output file still has the .gel extension, but is actually a .tiff file
  > that most word programs will read.  The file somehow has less information
  > after the conversion, so you should do any quantitation on the origional
  > file, but the screen display and printouts look the same (at least to me).
  > Phillip Buckhaults

I'm pretty sure that NIH image can read the 16 bit files, so if you can
get the file across to that you should be able to play around with it
directly. We'll be able to spot it if you start painting in bands and
spots though ;-}
Andy Law

( Andy.Law @ )
( Big Nose in Edinburgh )