DNA purification from agarose gels

Michael Gerdes mg690769 at bcm.tmc.edu
Wed Jul 5 12:49:04 EST 1995

In article <bio.tamu.edu-2906951005260001 at ricelab-centris650.tamu.edu> bio.tamu.edu writes:
>I am interested in what other people think about Qiagens new Qiaquick
>columns compared to Promega's wizard PCR preps.  Has anybody done a direct
>comparison of these two kits for purification of DNA from gels?

I have been using the Qiaquick spin tubes for several months now, and
have been very pleased. The cost is fairly low, and they can also be used
for hot nucleotide removal after labeling reactions, but with a different
binding buffer.  I don't know how they compare to Promega's though.

MiJoGe
Baylor Coll of Medicine
Dept Cell Biology