DDRT-PCR Northerns

Christoph Ahlers CAH at ifm.mh-hannover.de
Tue Jul 4 09:27:27 EST 1995

In article <3so6mq$7oe at bubba.NMSU.Edu>, smori at nmsu.edu (Shahram Mori) wrote:

> that in my display gels I see what looks like differentially regulated
> fragments under test but NOT control (and I do
> everything in duplicates).

When you say duplicates, do you mean using fresh batches of RNA?  Only
bands which are reproducibly differentially expressed, ie, those showing
differential expression in seperate lots of RNA, can be expected to show
differential expression on a Northern. Even then, it's still not
guaranteed. According to most of the literature, bands should be larger
than 200 bp.

  I'd be interested in receiving a summary via e-mail of responses you
receive to your original question-

Chris Ahlers
Institute for Molecular Biology
Hannover Medical School