pCDNAI and pCDM8 problems in stable transfection ?

marcvdc at lmb1.rug.ac.be marcvdc at lmb1.rug.ac.be
Tue Jul 4 09:28:31 EST 1995

Dear Netters,

It seems that there are problems with the stable transfections of genes
cloned in pCDM8.  Although the transient transfections of the gene gave
high expression levels, no protein was detected in the stable transfectans.
The same was done with an biological inactive form of the protein and this
gave the same results. So, it is not because of the toxicity of the gene
expressed.

Now I wonder wether someone had the same problems with pCDM8.  Are the same
problems seen in the pCDNAI (in vitrogen)?  Maybe, I will use this vector in
the future but then I want to be sure not to encounter the same problems.

Please respond also to me personal.

Thanks,

Marc