Who knows the tricks for S1 or primer Ext

Traci Roth ez015890 at chip.ucdavis.edu
Wed Jul 5 18:16:24 EST 1995

Dr. Kimberly Walker (kwalker at umabnet.ab.umd.edu) wrote:
: Is ther anyone out there who knows the tricks to the trade for
: MungBean/S1 mapping v. Primer extension?  I gotta do it quick and I want
: to know if there are pitfalls I should watch out for.
: Kim

Kim,

	If you want to get S1 done quickly, I would suggest the Ambion S1
kit which worked well for me (no I am not a rep).  Also, make sure you
have reasonably good RNA for either procedure.  For primer ex. I would
suggest purifying primers before use.

Feel free to email me if you want more details