silicon carbide whisker

C. S. Prakash Prakash at ACD.TUSK.EDU
Wed Jul 5 17:26:51 EST 1995

I do not know about the patent, but I am positive that the first report of
use of silicon-carbide whisker mediated transformation was by Dr. Andrew
Cockburn of USDA/ARS who transformed mosquito eggs initially and then many
plants. Group led by Dr. Martin Wilson of ICI Seeds first reported the
development of fertile transgenic plants (corn) using this approach in
1994.

_C. S. Prakash

>On 5 Jul 1995 lees at SASK.USASK.CA wrote:
>

>> Who is patent asignee for the silicon carbide whisker-mediated
>> transformation of plants? And from when do they keep this patent?
>>
>> Thanks for any related information.
>>

>I think it's Cornell Univ. that has the patent.
>
>Charles F. (Chuck) Austerberry, Ph.D.
>Assistant Professor of Biology
>Creighton University
>Omaha, NE  68178-0103
>e-mail: cfauster at creighton.edu

C. S. Prakash                                  Voice (334) 727 - 8023
Tuskegee University                            Fax (334) 727 - 8067
School of Agriculture,Tuskegee                 Email:  Prakash at Acd.Tusk.Edu
Alabama 36088 USA