New net.bio.net IP address still not propagated correctly!

BIOSCI Administrator biosci-help at net.bio.net
Wed Jul 5 13:34:31 EST 1995

Although we sent in a change request to the InterNIC registration
service some time back, as of this morning, 5 July, it had still not
made it through their work queue.  I called InterNIC this morning and
have been assured that they will have the new number, 204.31.212.2,
for net.bio.net in their system by this evening.  The consequence of
this delay is that every time our system broadcasts the correct
number, it often gets reset at other sites by other servers such as
InterNIC which continue to hold the old number.  This means service
disruptions, etc.  If the InterNIC does indeed process this request
this evening, we should finally get the IP address problem resolved at
most sites by the weekend.

On the hardware side, we ran successfully from Friday to Monday on a
minimal system configuration, then added another CPU board on Monday
and experienced two crashes later that day but none on Tuesday.  More
board swapping will go on later today as we continue to attempt to
diagnose the problem.  Since we are running wth less CPUs than usual,
the system is a bit bogged down, but functional.  Nonetheless,
avoidance of unimportant demands on the CPUs would be appreciated.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager

				biosci-help at net.bio.net