Coomassie related question

ellenmq at
Thu Jul 6 21:24:12 EST 1995

The difference between Coomassie R250 and G250 in terms of staining is
that R250 is a more sensitive stain.

It is available from BioRad, or Sigma Chemical company among others.

dinakar bhattramakki (ddh at wrote:
: Could anyone please let me know the differences between Comassie-R-50
: and Comassie-G. One of our protocols to detect multiprotein complexes
: from mitochondria needs coomassie-R. If you know the source (company)
: of getting this compound in US, let me know.

: -Dinakar

: --
: Dinakar Bhattramakki/Ph.:(402) 472-6243/email:ddh at