electroporation of BL21(DE3)pLysS

Nadesalingam N Palaniyar npalaniy at uoguelph.ca
Wed Jul 5 13:16:57 EST 1995

: Has anyone tried to electroporate the E.coli strain BL21(DE3)pLysS? If so,
: could you please send me the protocol for the preparartion of the cells and
: also the protocol for electroporation.
: Jackie

I use this strain for expressing the protein from the pET vectors, and
the transformation is not a problem.  I routinely use the frozen competant
cells and the electrophorator for transformation.  The method for the
competant cell preparation and the transformation procedure can be found in
the electrophorator-instruction manual.

Good luck.

Nades