klenow

Thu Jul 6 10:54:26 EST 1995

On 5 Jul 1995 vdrover at kean.ucs.mun.ca wrote:

> just a quick question...i want to end-fill restriction fragments (ie:lamda
> DNA cut with HindIII) to incorporate 32P-dNTPs. I've got Klenow from
> pharmacia but the buffers for the reaction vary from place to place. Does
> anyone have a reliable buffer (component concentrations as well) to us with
> Klenow? please mail responses to vdrover at kean.ucs.mun.ca
>
> vic drover
> memorial university of newfoundland
> st. john's, newfoundland
> canada

End labeling is a simple and efficient procedure regardless of minor
variations in the buffers used. Follow the Maniatis (Fritz et al.)
protocol for end labeling and you can not go wrong. I have done it on a
regular basis for a couple of years and never had a problem. If you can
not locate the protocol, drop me a line and I will email it to you.

			  Hiranya S. Roychowdhury
   			  Plant Genetic Engineering Lab.
			  Box 3GL, NM State Univ.
			  Las Cruces, NM 88003