ALF Woes!

Dr David E Barton dbarton at acer.gen.tcd.ie
Fri Jul 7 04:04:33 EST 1995

 We have a problem with our Pharmacia ALF sequencer that is proving very
 difficult to resolve: The intensity of the signals falls off from left to
 right accross the gel AND with increasing fragment size. So far, we have
 tried different gel mixes, and Pharmacia have just replaced the entire
 machine, but still the problem remains.

 Have any ALF users out there had similar problems, and if so, how do we
 resolve them?

 Yours frustratedly,  David.