Plasmid prep'ing machine

Graham Atherton grggta at paterson.christie-hospital.manchester.ac.uk
Fri Jul 7 06:03:19 EST 1995

A company rep has just been trying to sell me a machine that will do large
numbers of plasmid preps on a small scale - up to 96 well plate size -
presumably for large sequencing operations etc.
This set me thinking - we regularly do plasmid preps, needing 100ug to
1mg as a rule per prep, using Quiagen columns - good enough for transfections
in our hands into mammalian cells. Is there a machine available or being
developed that could do this for us? We spend a lot of resources doing this
mundane task which is ripe for automation, when we could be doing science.

So calling all company reps - any ideas & information?

Cheers
graham Atherton
grggta at picr.cr.man.ac.uk