Yet Another net.bio.net Progress Report ...

BIOSCI Administrator biosci-help at net.bio.net
Sat Jul 8 00:04:02 EST 1995

We've gone through several cpu board / slot permutations on our
multiple processor machine (processors work well singly but the
machine starts crashing sporadically when two are operating
simultaneously).  The maintenance people and we are back to looking at
possible Solbourne UNIX kernel problems now.  The machine will
probably be up and down at various times over the weekend.  In
addition there was a router failure at Netcom's Palo Alto site
yesterday that kept us off-line for six hours.  Tonight we will be off
the net again for a few hours after 11 PM while some work is done on
the telecommunications circuits in Knight-Ridder Info's computer room.

On the bright side, the InterNIC has finally processed our IP address
change, even though the rest of the whois record has not yet been
updated, so the DNS problems are finally on their way to resolution.

Suffice it to say that we are also behind on answering tech support
mail, posting BIO-JOURNALS TOC submissions, and updating the address
database.  Please bear with us for a bit longer.  I'd like to promise
that I'll catch up on these things this weekend, but it's been another
long week ... we hope to be out of the woods and settled in to our new
location soon.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager