3' RACE - looking for suggestions

jfh jfhess at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jul 7 12:55:00 EST 1995

Our lab experience is that 3' race is difficult over 1-1.5 kb.  I believe
that random hex primers have given us better signals than dT primed but
YMMV.  Also, we do everything cookbook without a kit, however we do/have
used superscript 2 and think it's very good.

BTW, we have had, thus far, bad luck with the 5' race kit.  We are still
trying but .....

John Hess, PhD                    Phone me 916 752 8420
Dept of Human Anatomy             FAX me 916 752 8520
University of Calif               Email me jfhess at ucdavis.edu
Davis, CA                         or leave me alone, your choice.