Synchronizing Mammalian Cells? Anyone tried this?!

Andrews Schrader andrewx at
Tue Jul 4 00:00:16 EST 1995

Graham Dellaire <popa0206 at PO-Box.McGill.CA> wrote:
>Is it possible to synchronize mammalian cells efficiently..  say by serum starvation...
>Are there any protocols out there for this...
>I am looking to synchronize some murine fibroblasts.
Have you tried high salt block. I succesfully synchronised initiation of translation using this technique.

If you would like more information (using Vero cells) I will send you the reference - just email me.