Home-Made TA cloning

s060965 at AIX1.UOTTAWA.CA s060965 at AIX1.UOTTAWA.CA
Sun Jul 9 16:16:33 EST 1995

I've been trying to think of a way to make my own TA cloning kit.

There doesn't seem to be any available restriction enzymes that will
produce the proper ends for TA cloning (although I'm sure Invitrogen must
have one in their bag of tricks).

I've been thinking that if I ran PCR on a linearized plasmid
(Bluescript), and used primers that annealed to each end of the plasmid
but had one or two loose A's hanging over the edge it might work.

Any ideas out there.

Cris Martin