Coomassie related question

Stephen P. Driska PhD driska at astro.ocis.temple.edu
Mon Jul 10 16:36:16 EST 1995

dinakar bhattramakki (ddh at unlinfo.unl.edu) wrote:
: Could anyone please let me know the differences between Comassie-R-50
: and Comassie-G. One of our protocols to detect multiprotein complexes
: from mitochondria needs coomassie-R. If you know the source (company)
: of getting this compound in US, let me know.

: -Dinakar

: --
:

 Dinakar Bhattramakki/Ph.:(402) 472-6243/email:ddh at unlinfo.unl.edu

	Historically the G-250 was used to stain proteins in IEF gels
under strongly acidic conditions where the dye itself was an orange-brown
color.  When bound to protein in the acidic solution, the dye became a
greenish brown.  The original idea was that you wouldn't have to de-
stain the IEF gel.  I don't have the reference to it.  I believe that
this is what goes on in the Bradford ? assay for protein....

			Steve Driska