Who sells Gilson pipettors?

Michael J. Tuvin mtuvin at bcm.tmc.edu
Mon Jul 10 11:30:05 EST 1995

I personally prefer Oxfords to anything else. They have couple advantages
over the Gilsons:

They are easier to adjust: the rotating part is actually the plunger
button, so your gloved fingers do not get stuck into any crevice.
They have a flip-type locking gismo so you can be sure that your setting
remains unchanged while repetitive pippeting.
They are also easy to clean, they are autoclavable, and they are cheaper..

As a drawback I should mention that the last version has a decreased
accuracy in comparison to an older one. That is an effect, by the way, of
their silly move to copy Gilson's pipetting ranges. Their own were much
more clever chosen.
                      Michael