HELP-rearranged genomic subclones

Michael F. Gurish gurish at mbcrr.harvard.edu
Tue Jul 11 09:52:34 EST 1995

Can anyone make any suggestions on the best method to subclone unstable
genomic fragments? I have been attempting to subclone a fragment from the 5'
flanking region of a murine protease gene in order to do some promoter
analysis but find that the subclones are truncated.

All of the subclonign to date has used pUC based vectors. Has anyone tried
low copy vectors? I have one called p3CSZ but haven't tried it yet. Also what
about different strins of E.coli? Has anyone had success by switching to
recBC deficient strains?

Michael Gurish
 email: gurish at mbcrr.harvard.edu