Protocol needed stain Cos cells for DNA,RNA

Mary P. Remington mremingt at umabnet.ab.umd.edu
Tue Jul 11 06:17:36 EST 1995

We have transfected by electroporation, Cos-1 cells with an expression
vector containing a retroviral gene.  Is there a way to probe cells on a
slide for DNA and RNA.  We want to determine if the cells have been
transfected and if there is RNA being made from the construct.  I know we
could isolate RNA and DNA and do Southerns and NOrtherns but, we are
looking for something quicker and in vitro.  Thanks for any help.
Regards, Mary