hekp with sigmacoat and sequencing gels

Christopher M. Tebeau ctebeau at melre.acns.nwu.edu
Wed Jul 12 16:20:28 EST 1995

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.950711134256.15100A-100000 at chip>,
szjmahr at peseta.ucdavis.edu says...

>I am relatively new to sequencing.  at first when pouring my gels i
would ......
>        1.  will i ever be able to get the stuff off my plates
>        2.  does anyone know of a way to use the stuff so that it works
reliably
>        3  does any one have  alternative ideas for helping me out????
>

>sincerly - jamahr at ucdavis.edu

I use sigmacote for pouring sequencing gels.  First, I wash the plates
with Soft Scrub Cleanser/water and wipe them dry.  Then  was with 95%
Etoh and dry, and then apply sigmacote with Kimwipes.  Last, wipe the
plates with dry Kimwipes thoroughly(usual disclaimers).  Hope this helps.

					Christopher M. Tebeau
					Northwestern University
					ctebeau at merle.acns.nwu.edu