hekp with sigmacoat and sequencing gels

Don Wigington donw at ux5.lbl.gov
Wed Jul 12 15:58:28 EST 1995

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.950711134256.15100A-100000 at chip>, Jeffrey Mahr
<szjmahr at peseta.ucdavis.edu> wrote:

  i have heard mixed
> reveiws on sigma coat
>
>         2.  does anyone know of a way to use the stuff so that it works
reliably

I always clean the plates with soap and water then dry them. Then I clean
with windex and scrape with a razor blade. Then I clean with EtOH and
scrape with a razor blade and dry with kimWipe. Then I put a dab of
sigmacoat on a wadded up kimwipe and gently rub on one plate. Then I clamp
the plates and pour. I've never had a problem.
Don W