Coomassie related question

Dima Klenchin klenchin at macc.wisc.edu
Wed Jul 12 19:19:46 EST 1995

In article <3ti5sc$jsu at usenet.ucs.indiana.edu>,
   ellenmq at ucs.indiana.edu ( ) wrote:
>The difference between Coomassie R250 and G250 in terms of staining is
>that R250 is a more sensitive stain.

In reality: The difference between Coomassie R250 and G250 in terms of staining
is that R250 is a *less* sensitive stain! You are right, of course: if G is used
the same way as R. Colloidal G250 (basically, Bradford) is more sensitive and
much faster as destaining is not necessary or very fast.

If someone is interested, email me and I'll give a protocol.