Cosmid Transformation

Ned Powell BAPOWELL at Swansea.ac.uk
Wed Jul 12 05:30:05 EST 1995

Dear anyone,

I am currently having some problems with tranforming my cosmid,
it is a 12kb cosmid with an insert of 30kb high GC DNA. It is
currently maintained in E.coli PMC107 (multiple rec mutant) which
gives v.low yeilds of DNA, hence I am trying to tranform into
E.coli M15. There is no problem with the competent cells as the
controls all transform fine (controls inlude vector without insert).
I have tried using DNA from a variety of extractions including
wizard minipreps but so far nothing works. Can anybody suggest
possible solutions?

Thanks very much,

Ned.