Sequencing gel solution premixes

R. P. Grant +44 1 865 221018 rpgrant at
Wed Jul 12 04:06:18 EST 1995

> I was wondering if a standard urea, acrylamide, TBE, water and TEMED solution
> was stable during storage. I ask with regards to the companies  (e.g. National
> Diagnostics) selling sequencing gel solutions which are ready to set after
> the addtion of APS.

Dunno about the TMED, but we used to make up a 10/9 stock of Urea/Ac in h2o,
deionize and filter.  Kept for months at 4C (in the dark).
Then we added 10XTBE (filtered, if necessary) and the AMPS + TEMED.
I'd worry about the TBE ppting if stored cold.

Richard P. Grant MA DPhil      rpgrant at
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Oxford.
FAX +44 1 865 69141            TEL +44 1 865 221018

The fecal material has hit the air circulating device.