DNA recovery from gels

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcsparc6.ncifcrf.gov
Wed Jul 12 10:56:40 EST 1995

 In article <bicfo.6.3002D512 at flinders.edu.au|
 bicfo at flinders.edu.au writes:

| Gidday, fellow netters!
| I'm having truckloads of trouble trying to consistently recover DNA
| (0.7-1.8kb) from low-melting point agarose gels. I've tried agarase digestion,
| phenol extraction, Promega  WIZARD PCR columns  and 'squeeze-freeze'
| techniques - all with limited success (none at all with the agarase!). Does
| anybody have a foolproof method, or can anyone direct me to somewhere on the
| net where different techniques might be discussed?
| Thanks, Colleen.

What is the DNA to be used for??? For cloning, my favorite is the glass
particle binding method which can be found in the FAQ list. Nearly all
other methods have been discussed here before.

Agarase??? Nope! nichts, nada, phewwwy, pitph! pitph! pitph! gag! &-{

@article{Hengen1994Septibs,
author = "P. N. Hengen",
title = "Methods and reagents - Recovering {DNA} from agarose gels",
volume = "19",
number = "9",
pages = "388-389",
month = "sep",