Sequencing gel solution premixes

Eddie Power e.power at
Wed Jul 12 10:40:40 EST 1995

mwg at (Mike Gaunt) wrote:
>Dear Sequencers and Associates:
>I was wondering if a standard urea, acrylamide, TBE, water and TEMED solution
>was stable during storage. I ask with regards to the companies  (e.g. National
>Diagnostics) selling sequencing gel solutions which are ready to set after
>the addtion of APS.

We have used some of these pre-mixed solutions in our lab. They seem to
be stable but we consistently found that the resolution and quality of
our gels was not as good as our 'home-made' freshly made stuff. These
days we only use pre-mixed acrylamide solutions and make up and add the
other components as required. So far, so good!

Good luck!