Sequencing gel solution premixes

R. P. Grant +44 1 865 221018 rpgrant at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 13 12:15:48 EST 1995

In article <Pine.SGI.3.91.950712153522.29496A-100000 at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu>, "Billy B. Long" <blong at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu> writes:
> Hi, Richard.
Hi,
And various people.

I DID NOT WRITE THE ORIGINAL POST.

Thank you for your kind concern though ;)

We actually use Nat Diagnostic (I think off hand) reagents now.

Someone else>> > I was wondering if a standard urea, acrylamide, TBE, water and TEMED solution
>> > was stable during storage. I ask with regards to the companies  (e.g. National
>> > Diagnostics) selling sequencing gel solutions which are ready to set after
>> > the addtion of APS.
>>

ME>> Dunno about the TMED, but we used to make up a 10/9 stock of Urea/Ac in h2o,
>> deionize and filter.  Kept for months at 4C (in the dark).
>> Then we added 10XTBE (filtered, if necessary) and the AMPS + TEMED.
>> I'd worry about the TBE ppting if stored cold.
>>
>> rgds,
>>
>> Richard
>> >
>> --

Thank you every one who sent me email.  But I didn't want to know!

Richard P. Grant MA DPhil      rpgrant at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Oxford.
FAX +44 1 865 69141            TEL +44 1 865 221018
http://sable.ox.ac.uk/~lady0266

A Sidewinder means never having to say you're sorry.