hekp with sigmacoat and sequencing gels

Mike Barnes bss193 at bangor.ac.uk
Thu Jul 13 06:25:11 EST 1995

> >I am relatively new to sequencing.  at first when pouring my gels i
> would ......
> >        1.  will i ever be able to get the stuff off my plates
> >        2.  does anyone know of a way to use the stuff so that it works
> reliably
> >        3  does any one have  alternative ideas for helping me out????
> >sincerly - jamahr at ucdavis.edu

jamahr,
	I think what everyone neglects to mention when preparing sequencing plates, is not to use too much of anything!

Use what ever you use to silanise, but really polish it, the plate should be really smooth to a wipe, if you keep adding loads of

silanising solution each time it builds up, and the sticking starts...

						That's my two cents
								Mike Barnes