Sma I / PEG

R. P. Grant +44 1 865 221018 rpgrant at
Thu Jul 13 04:29:28 EST 1995

In article <3u0pv5$eja at>, Colin Rasmussen <colin_rasmussen at> writes:
> We always use the BRL ligation buffer which contains PEG-8000 and do the
> SmaI digests at 25°C. We usually have very few problems.

Never used PEG in my life.  One time, we did a direct comparison and found
that PEG decreased number of recombinant colonies to zero.

Go figure, huh?

Richard P. Grant MA DPhil      rpgrant at
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Oxford.
FAX +44 1 865 69141            TEL +44 1 865 221018

The fecal material has impacted on the air circulating device.