Antisense oligo experiments - help

Graham Atherton grggta at picr.cr.man.ac.uk
Thu Jul 13 10:09:41 EST 1995

Has anyone experience of using 22mer antisense oligo's to give
biological effects when added to adherent mammalian cells eg interfere
with cell cycle. All my experiments so far show as much effect when
sense (control) oligo's are used as when antisense are used.
I just add phosphorothioate oligo's to the growth medium at 5-15uM.
Would it be better to use lipofectin (or similar) to aid uptake of the
oligo and hence increase specific effect - does anyone have a good
protocol for this?

Cheers
Graham