Home-Made TA cloning

Srinivas K. Janardan, M.D. vjanarda at umich.edu
Thu Jul 13 09:59:12 EST 1995

In article <3ttsks$6mf at gazette.bcm.tmc.edu>, Brian Desany
<bd033054 at condor.mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu> wrote:

 In our lab, I developed a plasmid from pBluescript that has an additional
30+ bases in it at the MCS that contains two XCM I sites.  The additional
insert is designed to yeild two T single base overhangs after XCM I
digest.  This is then ready to use for TA cloning.  I tried it a few times
but it did not appear to work that well.  Right now we are using the
invitrogen kit.  Someday I might pull this plasmid out of the freezer and
trry it again. BTW I have no connection to invitrogen.