Designing PCR primers-How to check them?

Peter---bkxo at musicb.mcgill.ca Peter---bkxo at musicb.mcgill.ca
Fri Jul 14 14:13:52 EST 1995

I have designed a set of primers for amplification of a 300 bp ds DNA
fragment from human genomic DNA.

I would like to check these primers for any complementarity they may
have to repetitive sequences found in the human genome.  I am
concerned that the presence of such complemantarity would result in
non-specific amplification.

Is there a database I can access to perform this search? If yes, how?

I am interested to know how other people go about checking primers
which they have designed before actually ordering them.

You can reach me at   bkxo at musicb.mcgill.ca     or post a note here.

Thanx.