hekp with sigmacoat and sequencing gels

4700gbera at umbsky.cc.umb.edu 4700gbera at umbsky.cc.umb.edu
Fri Jul 14 11:45:25 EST 1995

In article <1995Jul13.113051.1 at omrf>, mcmanusj at omrf writes:
>In article <donw-1207951409090001 at yaswen.lbl.gov>, donw at ux5.lbl.gov (Don Wigington) writes:
>> In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.950711134256.15100A-100000 at chip>, Jeffrey Mahr
>> <szjmahr at peseta.ucdavis.edu> wrote:
>>
>>   i have heard mixed
>>> reveiws on sigma coat
>
>  I quit using Sigma coat a couple of years ago due to its unreliability.
>  I now use Gel Slick from AT Biochem and it works much, much better.
>  Just clean the plates once with 2N NaOH and then with soap and water.
>  Apply Gel Slick, wipe off and you are done.  Only need to reapply the
>  Gel Slick about once overy 4-5 times you use the plate. It works perfectly
>  every time.  No I do not work for AT Biochem or know anyone who does.
>

>                                     john

I just started sequencing, and I'm using Rain-X, because I remembered seeing
some posts on this group a while back. I think it was orignally referenced
in Biotechniques or something. Anyway, it's inexpensive, easy to use, and
has worked just fine for me. If you are unfamiliar with the product, it's
silcone-based stuff that is supposed to keep your car windshield from
fogging up or something like that.

-gina