Sma I religation problem

Nigel Kenward mbxnjk at vax.nott.ac.uk
Fri Jul 14 03:47:28 EST 1995

Hi Mike,
I tend to agree with what others are saying, mind you I have noticed
that blunt-end ligation buffers containing PEG can lead to LARGE inserts
due to the insert ligating together ! So be careful with that.
The other tip I have is to use high concentration Ligase (e.g. New
England Biolabs) for a shortish time (2 or 3 hours at 15 degrees) as
this works well with blunt ended inserts/vectors.
Good Luck Matey,
Nigel

Nigel Kenward               TEL:+44 (0)115 9249924 ex. 44789
Dept. of Biochemistry      FAX:+44 (0)115 9422225
Queens Medical Centre      Email:mbxnjk at vax.nott.ac.uk
Clifton Boulevard          URL:
Nottingham
U.K.                   "Back off man, I'm a scientist!"  -- Bill Murray.