B/W Photos of Westerns ?

Scott Selby Med-Hem selby at lenti.med.umn.edu
Mon Jul 17 16:40:16 EST 1995

Jim Hutchins (hutchins at fiona.umsmed.edu) wrote:
: Jeff Leonard (leonardj at ava.bcc.orst.edu) wrote:
: : Hi, Are there any photography experts out there that can give me some advice
: : on making black and white photos of Westerns stained with NBT/BCIP. Purple
: : bands on a purple background are obvious to my eye but fade into shdes of
: : gray on the photos. High contrast film, filters, paper?
: : E-mail replies welcome.

: : Jeff Leonard
: : leonardj at bcc.orst.edu

: Jeff,

: The general rule is: to increase contrast (what you want to do), use a color
: filter which is the opposite color to what you want to photograph.  For
: example, blue filters increase contrast on brown, yellow or green increase
: contrast of purple (depending on the exact shade of purple).

Or if you have access to it, scan the image into Adobe Photoshop.  You
can do miracles with a Photoshop image.