transfect

Dima Klenchin klenchin at macc.wisc.edu
Mon Jul 17 19:27:41 EST 1995

>Could anybody tell me if it is possible
>to transfect a fibroblast with an entire
>YAC?
Whatever method you use, it's not going to be efficient due
to YAC's huge size (by the way, how big?). Expensive
biolistic may or may not work, electroporation might work
with some low efficiency. For suggestions on
optimization of electroporation, try my posting under the
thread "Mammalian Electroporation?!?". If I were to do it,
I'd try to add some compacting reagents (spermine,
histones, etc.) to reduce size. But not too much - you
don't want to reduce DNA charge significantly during
electroporation.

Hope it helps. - dima