fungi in the incubator

Andy Law Big Nose Andy.Law at bbsrc.ac.uk
Mon Jul 17 12:21:27 EST 1995

In article <3u7ks5$9uu at news.rrz.uni-koeln.de>,
a2245094 at athena.rrz.uni-koeln.de wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> has anybody an idea how to prevent fungi as aspergillus and so on to
> infect your cell cultures in the incubator ?
> I have to throw away cell cultures VERY often because of different sorts
> of them.
>
> Thorsten Heedt, Institute of pathology

I had a real problem with one batch of CO2 gas that I had. We had a filter
in the airline, but it had long since expired and when we got that batch
we had infections every few days. We changed the gas cylinder and the
filter and had no more problems (Well, no more than is normal, given the
position of our incubator in relation to general traffic through the
building)
--
Andy Law

( Andy.Law @ bbsrc.ac.uk )