Chemiluminescent substrate for alk-phos?

Daniel Kim dkim at
Tue Jul 18 11:32:50 EST 1995

I am using alkaline phosphatase conjugated second antibody system for
Western blot detection.  I have been dissatisfied with the density of
signal and photoreproducibility of NBT/BCIP color signal, and would like
to try out a chemiluminescent system.

Is there a chemiluminescent substrate for alk phos that I could use in
place of the NBT/BCIP system I am using now?  If possible, I would prefer
to buy and prepare my own reagent solutions, for the sake of expenses,
but would accept a kit recommendation if necessary.

Daniel Kim
dkim at