inducible mammalian expression vectors

rmoldwin at midway.uchicago.edu rmoldwin at midway.uchicago.edu
Tue Jul 18 17:52:58 EST 1995

Can anyone suggest the a good inducible mammalian expression vector, with very
tight control (i.e. not leaky).  We're trying LacSwitch now (Stratagene), but
are considering one of the tetracycline operon plasmids.  Unfortunately, I can't
seem to locate a plasmid that has both the repressor and the
promoter/operator/insertion-site region on a single plasmid.  Does anyone know
of such a vector, or have a better suggestion for an inducible vector?

It would be even better if the vector could multiply by episomal replication.

Thanks,
Rich