Any BIO-RAD email, gopher, or WWW address?

Tue Jul 18 17:19:36 EST 1995

On Tue, 18 Jul 1995, Tracy Aquilla wrote:

> I've just had a GREAT time trying to extract info from Bio-Rad's tech.
> support. |-{ Basically, first you sit on hold for about twenty minutes, then
> you usually get a tech. rep. with very limited knowledge who often can't or
> won't help. My attempts to contact their sales rep. have been equally
> frustrating. This is typical of most big companies. When I complained to the
> tech. rep. about this today, he replied that I was just lucky I wasn't
> dealing with Microsoft!! NOT quite the apology I wanted. Although it may not
> help me much at this point, I was wondering if anyone knows of another way
> for me to reach the folks at Bio-Rad besides the phone, which clearly isn't
> working for me. If so, please post here or email directly to me. Thanks.
> Stay tuned for more on Bio-Rad tech. serv. If I don't get some satisfaction
> very soon I'll post the details...
>     tracy
>
> Thomas T. Aquilla, Ph.D.         .***.   .***.           .***.   .***.
> Molecular Physiology and Biophysics    * | | | *       * | | | * | | | *
> University of Vermont Medical College*   * | | | *   * | | | *   * | | | *
> Health Science Complex, Given E-201*       * | | | * | | | *       * | | | *
> Burlington, VT 05405-0068    '***'           '***'   '***'           '***'

I have had very similar experience more than once. I wonder why a company
of BioRad's repute would man their 'Technical Support' phone lines with
people that obviously lack the minimum knowledge in the physical sciences.

			  Hiranya S. Roychowdhury
   			  Plant Genetic Engineering Lab.
			  Box 3GL, NM State Univ.
			  Las Cruces, NM 88003