Plant mRNA isolation protocol

Your Name Here your.E-Mail.name at Swansea.ac.uk
Tue Jul 18 09:27:00 EST 1995

In article <3u3rq4$ita at galaxy.ucr.edu>, William Woei-Ping Chang <wpchang at ucrac1.ucr.edu> says:

>Does anyone have a quantitative mRNA isolation  protocol using small
>amount (about 100mg) of plant tissue?  Any suggestions would be greatly
>appreciated.

William,

One method which I know can be used but is fairly expensive is Dynals
Dynabead mRNA direct kit ( I am nothing to do with Dynal ). It is a
bit fiddly, but is very quick, and I gather that the results are
quite good, and that the protocol for plants is included in the kit.

I hope this may be of some use.

Kristin