transfect

Dima Klenchin klenchin at macc.wisc.edu
Tue Jul 18 11:05:44 EST 1995

In article <3u0v3j$ghn at umigw.miami.edu>, benke2 at peds
(Benke/Belmar Login) wrote:

>Could anybody tell me if it is possible
>to transfect a fibroblast with an entire
>YAC? Please post response or reply.
>
>Tammy Rossi
>Univ. Miami Sch. Med.
>Pediatrics

Just another thought: to overcome the problem of getting
YAC intact and then dealing with viscosous crap, maybe
cell/yeast protoplast fusion will work better than
traditional transfections? It is PEG-based procedure
described many times. To increase frequency of proper
fusion, you can try avidin-biotin bridge describes for
fusion of spleenocytes with myeloma (Meth. Enzymol., v.184,
avidin-biotin technology?). If you can get "clean"
protoplasts, it should work better than anything else.

Best of luck! -dima