sequencing

Sabine Hanelt sabine.hanelt at medizin.uni-ulm.de
Tue Jul 18 06:38:23 EST 1995

Hey all there,
we are sequencing with 35S and that for a long time allready without any
problems. The gel is dried on a glas plate and is then exposed to an X-ray
film. Since 4 weeks (or so) the film always sticks to the gel, even if the gel
was really dry before. We think that one problem might be that there is still
some urea in the gel, so that water is taken up again. But we did not change
any handling with acetic acid to remove the urea. Does anyone has an idea how
we can solve this problem?, or does anyone knows this problem by him/her-self?
Or has it something to do with temperature, summer, or......?
Thanks in advance for your help
Sabine

Sabine Hanelt
Abt. Medizinische Genetik