fungi in the incubator

Andrey Mikhailow amikhail at
Tue Jul 18 03:03:08 EST 1995

In article <3u7ks5$9uu at>, a2245094 at rrz.Uni-Koeln.DE
>Hello everybody,
>has anybody an idea how to prevent fungi as aspergillus and so on to
>infect your cell cultures in the incubator ?
>I have to throw away cell cultures VERY often because of different sorts
>of them.

I  prefer  to use a "Rocal" - oxydant type sterilizer for surgery in
water on the incubator flor; Potassiun bichromate in a  jacket water
and hygh concentration _fresh_ Amphotericine B in the culture
media. Hybridomas grows well even in serum-free conditions.