Chemiluminescent substrate for alk-phos?

Klaus Salger salger at wap1.zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Jul 18 23:14:59 EST 1995

Daniel Kim (dkim at nmsu.edu) wrote:
: Hello:
: I am using alkaline phosphatase conjugated second antibody system for
: Western blot detection.  I have been dissatisfied with the density of
: signal and photoreproducibility of NBT/BCIP color signal, and would like
: to try out a chemiluminescent system.

: Is there a chemiluminescent substrate for alk phos that I could use in
: place of the NBT/BCIP system I am using now?  If possible, I would prefer
: to buy and prepare my own reagent solutions, for the sake of expenses,
: but would accept a kit recommendation if necessary.
: Daniel Kim
: dkim at nmsu.edu

AMPPD,CSPD and others. Have a look into the catalog of Boehringer Mannheim,
Stratagene and Tropix.
As far as I know, these substrates don't work very well with NC, so you
should use Nylon or use special blocking reagent (Tropix sells one).

Cheers
  Klaus

(Standard disclaimer applies)

--
Klaus Salger                phone : ++49 (0)89 5902 -502
Zoologisches Institut       FAX   :                 -450
AG MacWilliams              e-mail: salger at zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de
Luisenstr. 14
80333 Muenchen
Germany