Tm calculation and software

Anderas Becker becker at ps1515.chemie.uni-marburg.de
Thu Jul 20 02:57:07 EST 1995

In article <Pine.3.89.9507191031.A2492-0100000 at netcom4>, quincicc at NETCOM.COM (quin chou) says:

>For oligomers 20-70, best way to calculate Tm is to use nearest-neighbor
>model and actual thermodynamic data. I have developed a software while
>employed at Cetus, which calculate both Tm and predicted anneal
>temperature for PCR (which is the temperature at which 99% template is
>annealed with primers).  I am thinking about puting it into my PCR WWW
>site if there is enough interest.  Now I sell this software at $100, also
>you can get a free copy if you use my service over $1000.
>
>quinnn

That's really pricey.
On the other hand it is not really reliable.
The optimal temperature depends on your task.

Andreas

Andreas Becker
Arbeitskreis Prof. Kadenbach, FB Chemie/Biochemie, Hans-
Meerwein-Strasse, Philipps-Universitaet, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Phone: privat +49 6421 47304  Labor +49 6421 28 -5721 Fax -2191
eMail: BECKER at ps1515.Chemie.Uni-Marburg.De
WWW  : http://www.chemie.uni-marburg.de/~becker