Library woes...

Barry Causier bmb6bc at biovax.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jul 20 04:23:54 EST 1995

I recently obtained a cDNA library in pACT. The library was supplied as a
bacterial stock in 7% DMSO and was shipped on dry ice. However, by the time I
received the library the ice had evaporated and the library had thawed. I
immediately placed the library at -70 having first titred it. When I came to
use the library the titre had dropped an order of magnitude. How am I supposed
to store such libraries without losing clones? Clearly I need to know how to
store it before I go grovelling for another aliquot of the library.

Any thoughts would be gratefully received,

Barry.

| Hedley Carr, University of Leeds, U.K.   |
| Dept. Biochemistry & Molecular Biology   |
|       BMBTHC at BIOVAX.LEEDS.AC.UK          |