tips for removal of GST carrier by thrombin

Kiichi Hirota khirota at virus.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Jul 20 23:21:56 EST 1995

	Please show me some tips for removal of GST carrier by thrombin.

	I fused a cDNA of my target protein to pGEX-4T-2(Pharmacia).
	I easily got GST fusion protein by using glutathion-agarose
beads.
	As next step, I tried to remove the GST carrier. I followed the
protocol shown on Current Protocols in molecular biology. But in vain.
	I got a very little amount of target protein compared to the
amount of GST-fusion protein.

	Please show me some tips for removal of GST carrier on agarose
beads.

 +------------- Kiichi Hirota,-------------+ E-mail
 *            KYOTO University,            * khirota at virus.kyoto-u.ac.jp
 *       Institute for Virus Research,     * niftyServe; QFH00711
 *    Department of Biological Responses   *
 *     Lab. for Infection and Prevention   * FAX :+81-75-761-5766