DNA extraction from fungal mycelia

Rodney Earl Pettway pettway at ppserver.tamu.edu
Thu Jul 20 18:45:48 EST 1995

you at somehost.somedomain (Yeshitila Degefu) wrote:
>I would appreciate if someone indicate to me a reliable protocol for
>extraction of DNA from fungal mycelium. I mean a protocol which yields
>clean  DNA which digests completely by restriction enzymes. Thank you in
>advance for your help

I can help you,
I have three different protocols that I use to isolate DNA from four different filamentous fungi.  The DNA is clean and sutable for RFLP and DNA fingerprinting analysis.  If you find that non of these protocols works with your fungus I have a protocol that will clean up the DNA in one easy step.  Send me your fax number and I will send you the protocols and some of our papers if you wish.
Rodney Earl pettway